Monday 28 April 2014

Lucky number three

Holy shitballs.  We have donors.  Several, in fact!

Late last week we got an email from our Czech clinic with a list of five potential donors.  We received basic profiles including their year of birth, height, weight, hair colour, eye colour, blood type, education level, and hobbies.  No photographs, in keeping with the Czech legal requirement for anonymity.  But one other important tidbit: three of the five had previously donated with resulting pregnancies, while a fourth had her own child.  Lots of great eggs to choose from!

In a way, I'm kind of glad that we're receiving minimal information on our donors.  We all know that I'm an anal-retentive researcher, so if I had huge profiles to look through I'd probably be stymied for weeks and then forever wonder if I'd made the right decision.  


At the same time, having limited information meant that there was relatively little to set the donors apart from one another since they had all been chosen to specifically match me as closely as possible.  In the end, we went with practicality first:  we wanted a proven donor.  Of those, we chose the one who most closely resembled me based on the characteristics on paper.  Our final choice:  lucky bachelorette number three!  With our third wedding anniversary just a few days away, and this being our third egg retrieval and transfer, it actually seems kind of fitting.  We're now waiting for the clinic to get in touch with her to confirm, then arrange scheduling and treatment plans.

This is really happening.  There is a real person out there who might give me eggs.  Holy shitballs.

33 comments:

  1. So exciting that things are going forward!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! How absolutely exciting for you! Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! So happy that you are moving forward. And yes - I would agree that proven is the way to go!
    This is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This totally is internet dating for your uterus and your ute is in demand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful news! I'm so egg-cited for you! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on choosing a donor. What a big step!
    Here's hoping this cycle starts very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am keeping my fingers crossed this all works out for you very soon. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is so exciting! This clinic is on top of their stuff! I hope the dates work out and that everything goes smoothly from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting! I can't imagine what that decision process must have been like... so complex. But proven success seems like a great reason to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh I am so excited for you! All of this is falling into place perfectly, just like it was meant to be. I have so much hope for your future with the donor treatment plan.!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I LOVED being an egg donor and always get excited when someone chooses a donor. Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my gosh this is so exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so exciting! Ahhhh!! Wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! It sounds like 3 is definitely a charmed number for you. So exciting that things are progressing and working out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yes!! This is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay!! This is so amazing!! So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really excited for you two. Good luck with the rest of the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's great news! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So excited for you, hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay this is so exciting! Ha ha that picture is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How exciting! Also, happy 3 year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  22. No way! This is amazing! I am looking forward to finding out what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's awesome, Aramis! I'm so happy you're moving forward and starting to feel hopeful. Hope lucky number 3 brings you lots of healthy eggs and ultimately your take home baby!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay! So happy for you! And happy wedding anniversary to both you and me. :D I am hoping and praying that this summer you'll have a very uneventful and healthy pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  25. 3 was my lucky number. I really hope it is for you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info.
    Carpet Suppliers in Abu Dhabi

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great article this is very informative .......keep posting Thanks Regards
    refurbishments service dubai

    ReplyDelete

  29. Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility?
    artificial grass cost dubai

    ReplyDelete
  30. The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
    I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
    I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
    Flooring Dubai


    ReplyDelete
  31. Stunning, Fantastic its looks so astounding. Much obliged to you for sharing this article and keep doing awesome.PVC Folding Doors Dubai

    ReplyDelete

  32. Great article this is very informative .......keep posting Thanks Regards
    carpet dubai

    ReplyDelete

I'm needy and your comments validate me. Help a sister out!