Sunday 3 February 2013

Das Liebster ist wunderbar!

In the last couple of weeks there's been quite the flurry of Liebster award nominations going around.  I was lucky enough to be noted by a few of my lovely bloggy friends including Kimberly at No Good Eggs, Julia at Finding a Way Out of IF, Risa at Who Shot Down My Stork?, Jen S at Overworked Ovaries, Daryl at Something Out of Nothing and Amber at Old Lady and No Baby.


I was previously unfamiliar with the Liebster system but it's basically a way for new bloggers with under 200 followers to give shout-outs and get to know each other.   Technically, you're supposed to post 11 things about yourself, answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you, and then nominate 11 other bloggers by giving them 11 questions of their own to answer.  I'm departing from the norm a bit just because there's so many awesome fun questions to answer already, so here goes!

 From Kimberly:
1. If you were going to be on the cover of a magazine, what magazine would it be? Women's Health
2. What would be the headline?  Get 6-pack abs like this in 10 days.  Yes, I am shallow.
3. What is the best decision you almost didn’t make? Dumping my ex, quitting my job and moving halfway across the country to take a new job, at which I met M.
4. What did you sleep with as a comfort item when you were little?  A stuffed koala bear I called "Mama Bear" that I still have in a keepsake box.  She's very ragged and has been patched up so many times I can't believe she has any stuffing left!

From Julia:
5. Do you remember your dreams? If so, what was the last one you remember having?  I often remember them because they're so crazy.  A couple of nights ago I dreamed that I was at a Michael Jackson concert, and I noticed that Lionel Richie was one of his backup dancers.  I was very confused as to why Lionel Richie would take a step down from being a singer to being a backup dancer...I did not however find it strange to be at a concert put on by a dead man.
6. What is your favourite meal that you make at home?  I cook A LOT so it's hard to pick just one thing, but I love this Thai chicken pizza.  Try it and tell me it's not a party in your mouth!
7. Favourite hot beverage?  Green Mountain Blueberry flavoured coffee.  We can't get it here but we usually buy half a dozen bags of it when we visit the US and then we save it for weekend morning lounging around.
8. Favourite cold beverage?  Really tart lemonade.

From Jen S:
9. What's your biggest guilty pleasure?  The movie Newsies.  I watched it a million times as a teenager and can still sing every song.  Carryin' the banner!  Don't judge me.
10. Snacks...salty or sweet?  Why choose?  Have both in one.
11. Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life?  Kate Beckinsale. 
12. Do you have pets?  We have a cockatiel named Leon.  M charitably took him when a co-worker bought two birds and they tried to kill each other.  I think it was probably Leon's fault.  He can be cute when he sings and talks to us, but the other 90% of the time he's a horrible asshole.

From Risa:
13. What is your favorite holiday?  Halloween.  OK, technically not a holiday, but I think it counts.
14. What is your favorite waste of time?  Angry Birds.  I'm totally addicted.
15. What is your favorite book or movie?  The Princess Bride is my favourite movie of all time!
16. Beer, wine, or hard liqueur?  I'm a wino.

From Daryl:
17. Where do you fall in your family’s birth order (first, middle, youngest, only child), and do you fit the “profile” for that position?  I'm the oldest and I totally fit the profile.  I'm a Type A overachiever who bossed my siblings around.  I'm surprised they still speak to me.
18. What’s the first thing people notice about you?  Ever heard of chronic bitchface?  It's a devastating affliction.  People unfortunately think that I'm either unfriendly or stuck up, which is very much not true.  But that's apparently what my neutral face looks like.
19. What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?  I'm pretty adventurous and will try anything once food-wise.  While vacationing in Peru I ate roasted guinea pig, as it is apparently a delicacy for them.  I didn't find it anything special.
20. If you could change one thing about your partner, what would it be?  M is a "collector" (he doesn't like it when I call him a hoarder).  I am a minimalist.  Do the math. 

From Amber:
21. What's one thing you've always wanted to do, but don't think you'll ever actually work up the courage to actually do it?  Become a redhead.
22. What is your favorite memory from high school?  Being in the play that won our provincial drama festival. 
23. Did you play sports when you were younger?  Yup, I am a good Canadian girl who played hockey.
24. What and where was your best vacation ever?  A safari vacation in South Africa.  Seeing all those amazing animals up close in their natural habitat was the most awe-inspiring thing I've ever experienced.

19 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love you and your answers! I think your answers are hilarious. I also think its pretty amazing that you were nominated by so many of us and just goes to show how much you have reached others with your blog. Thank you for taking the time to answer so many questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun, and actually good to talk about something NOT infertility related. Thanks for the nomination!

      Delete
  2. Wow! You must be pretty awesome to get so many nominations :) Loved reading about you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM totally awesome, and thank you for noticing. I'm also incredibly humble. ;)

      Delete
  3. Um, I totally suffer from chronic bitchface. People are ALWAYS telling me to smile. Even strangers. While I am standing and doing nothing. That makes me want to punch them in the face. I would look like a freak if I just walked around with a huge grin on my face all day. Apparently my normal expression is not cheerful enough for most people.
    Loved reading all your answers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Punching strangers in the face would actually be kind of bitchy, and would only serve to make them think they were right in their initial opinion of you. Good thing you restrain yourself. :)

      Delete
  4. I too am a bitchface. I find out that people think I was so stuck up when I was just quiet!! What the heck people?? Can't a person be quiet??? Ugh. Now I go out of my way and comfort zone to smile and be chatty.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate that, I do the same thing and just act all fake and smiley! I'm surprised people don't see through it.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for playing along! I am going to have to try to make that pizza - sounds awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will NOT regret it. The sauce is to-die-for.

      Delete
  6. I'm not sure if I suffer from bitchface or sadface, but people are always asking me, "What's wrong?" I've been called stuck up, too, which I am totally not. There should be a ribbon or something to raise awareness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, for a minute I thought you said you had a cocktail named Leon. I was all, "That sounds right," before I realized my mistake. There should be more cocktails named Leon in my opinion. Also, if you love the Princess Bride, you will appreciate the JPG in my blog post today. :) Did you read about that guy who got held by security at the airport and wasn't allowed to board his flight because he was wearing a T-shirt that said "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die"? So ridiculous...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to figure out what would go into a cocktail named Leon. If it's anything like our cockatiel, lots of bitters and something with bite. He's very bitey.

      M has that T-shirt!! I bought it for him at a quirky shop on Queen West. I shall have to remind him not to wear it when flying.

      Delete
  8. Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me.
    Rugs in Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning, Fantastic its looks so astounding. Much obliged to you for sharing this article and keep doing awesome. OFFICE CARPET TILES DUBAI

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank for sharing such important information. It will be very useful for us in future. Good keep it up and keep writing. Read more about
    Office Carpet tiles

    ReplyDelete

I'm needy and your comments validate me. Help a sister out!