Sooo...it turns out when I'm not dealing with the daily slings and arrows of infertility, I'm a really boring person. I keep waiting for there to be something noteworthy for me to write a blog post about, but we're just basically trucking along on an even keel here. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining AT ALL. And I'm not deliberately avoiding writing or anything, because hopefully you guys know me well enough by now to figure out that if you're not in a good place to read about my pregnancy, there's no hard feelings. You take care of you first.
That said, here's what's new:
- I seem to have gotten my acid reflux issues under some semblance of control. My OB put me on twice-daily Zantac, and I've only had one more puking incident after an ill-advised large BBQ rib meal (but DAMN it was worth it). In general I just find that I have to eat much smaller portion sizes than I'm used to, which means I'm pretty much eating all day long. There's breakfast, second breakfast, elevensies, lunch, afternoon snack, pre-dinner snack, dinner, and bedtime snack. I'm literally eating like a hobbit.
- Despite my prolific eating, I still don't have a real "baby bump". I've put on about 6 pounds (which is on track for almost 16 weeks) and am definitely thicker around the middle, but so far I've been making do with my fat pants and a belly band. When I finally told my dance classmates last night that I might not be doing the recital with them this year, they seemed pretty surprised that I was almost 4 months along. Then they told me that, since I'm due in March, I have a whole three months to get back in shape and learn the choreography so I apparently have no excuse for missing the recital in June.
- My sis told my 5 year old niece this weekend that there was a baby growing in auntie's belly. Hilariously, my niece didn't believe her and immediately insisted on Facetiming me to ask me herself. She didn't appear too impressed with my answer...I think she sees her days as the one and only child getting my attention coming to an end.
- The name game has begun! Even though we won't find out the baby's sex until the start of November, M and I have started tossing around a few suggestions. I thought this would be fun, until I realized that his attention span for this activity is approximately 0.36 seconds before he starts firing out ridiculous shit like "Lando Boba Fett". Also not helping? The fact that he just recently finished binge-watching the TV comedy "The League" and now, in homage to the characters on the show, has begun to refer to our gestating fetus as Chalupa Batman.
|Even worse...now I'm doing it too.|
- I had another OB appointment today and happily, Chalupa Batman's heartbeat was easily found and was thumping away. I apparently have an anterior placenta (it's on the front of my uterus with the baby behind it), so that can sometimes make finding the heartbeat difficult because it's muffled. It also will likely mean that I won't feel any kicks or movement until a bit later on, which kind of sucks. Although I did have a moment other day when I thought I might have felt something...but then figured it could also be gas. Given the amount of bloating still going on, if we're playing "baby or gas?" then there's a pretty good chance it's just gas.